The parents meeting for the 2019 PAA baseball and softball season is set for 7-8 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 7, at the Lower Makefield Community Center.
This will be an informational session and kept to one hour. The PAA board of directors will be there to answer questions.
Among the areas covered include:
- Introduction of the board of directors
- Explanation of how the Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken leagues work.
- Organization elements
- How we communicate
- SI Play app for scheduling (including make-up dates for games postponed by weather), scores and standings
- Our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/PAABall/
- Background checks for all rostered coaches
- Field permits
- Equipment provided and equipment needed
- Monthly meetings
- Important dates, including coaches meeting, player evaluations, Dick's Sporting Goods weekend, Opening Day details, Picture Day details and Trenton Thunder night.
- A breakdown of the baseball and softball leagues and how they work.
- An overview look of the game and practice facilities with instructions on parking and other Game Day information
- PAA Magik program
- Umpires, ages 13-18
- Finances, including where our money comes from and how it is spent
- And snack bar facility (Curveball Cafe)
- Donations and matching funds by a number of companies
- Volunteer hours, which also can save you money.
As you can see, we have a lot of information available and will be able to present it in a streamlined fashion. And board members will be available to talk after the meeting for any additional questions you might have.
Please join us on Feb. 7 for this important meeting.
Shane Fitzgerald, Secretary